So guys this is one of the post for MacBook users only. I wanted to write this post about this awesome addon for the MacBooks but didn’t got time. So here it is
Have you thought of customising your mac according to your needs? How i encountered with this awesome Utility? I have always been fond of MacBook series and its Operating System Mac OS.But just like iOS its somewhat kind of closed (at least for me).
I wanted a customised theme for my MacBook Air and wanted to decorate my Desktop. So I dug up google and tried to find many such utilities which can enhance my laptop’s productivity as well as introduce some of new features along side.Thus i found This tool.
What is Alfred?
According to the official website
Alfred is an award-winning app for Mac OS X which boosts your efficiency with hotkeys, keywords, text expansion and more. Search your Mac and the web, and be more productive with custom actions to control your Mac.
What does it do?
Bored of same old spotlight of Mac OS? Well Alfred provides new UI for the Spotlight search.
Extend and Automate
Some Other features of Alfred:-
- Find , Search and Open apps that are installed in your Mac.
- Calculate: You can calculate like you do on Calculator just by Command+Space and typing your mathematical expression.
- It Supports SPELL CHECK.
- It supports System Commands.
- Various themes to choose from.
- Its SHELL Integrated! which means you can enter shell commands from Alfred’s command box.
- Actions:- Navigate from Files and perform actions just from the Alfred Menu!
- Sync Settings also available for various macs!
If you use Agile Bits’ 1Password application to save the numerous passwords you use on various websites, you’ll enjoy the quick access to your 1Click bookmarks through Alfred.
By typing “1p” followed by the name of your 1Password bookmark, you can quickly launch a browser window to the site and log in.
Isn’t this an awesome application? How to Download it? Click to Download Alfred for Free from Alfred’s Official Website.