Apple few hours ago released the first public beta for iOS 13. Along with that, Mac OS Catalina is also available for users to beta test.
About MacOS Catalina
macOS Catalina gives you more of everything you love about Mac. Experience music, TV and podcasts in three all-new Mac apps. Enjoy your favourite iPad apps now on your Mac. Extend your workspace and expand your creativity with iPad and Apple Pencil. And discover smart new features in the apps you use every day. Now you can take everything you do above and beyond.Now developers can easily create Mac apps from the iPad apps you already know and love. They run natively alongside your existing Mac apps so you can drag and drop content between them. And take full advantage of the larger screen and powerful architecture of your Mac to provide a seamless experience across your devices. Enjoy a broad range of Mac apps, with everything from travel, entertainment and gaming to banking, education and project management.
Supported Macbooks for this update
- MacBook (2015 and later)
- MacBook Air (2012 and later)
- MacBook Pro (2012 and later)
- Mac mini (2012 and later)
- iMac (2012 and later)
- iMac Pro (2017 and later)
- Mac Pro (2013 and later)
How to download Mac OS Catalina public beta?
- Go to Apple’s beta software portal.
- Click on Enroll Your Devices at corner of the webpage.
- Click on macOS, This will pop up a reminder window to make sure you have a Time Machine backup before proceeding.
- Scroll down and find a button that says Download the macOS Public Beta Access Utility.
- Lastly, head to Software Update from the System Preferences app to install the beta. It might not be available to you immediately. You’ll receive a notification once it is.
I hope you liked this tutorial.But again i should warn you that you should not use public betas on your main machine as it would have a lot of bugs which are not yet fixed and Apple is working on squashing them.